Friday, August 15, 2014

MTC Final P-Day

Hola!! 

These last week at the CCM has been sooo great. First of all, last Friday we found out that we would be getting new teachers for our final week at the CCM because of some administration change. We LOVED hma. Young and Hmo. Stewart so we were pretty bummed about it at first, but our new teachers hma. Noyes and hmo. Glock are pretty fantastic, too, so we're pretty happy about that. 

Sunday's devo was so cool!! We had the same speaker that we had our first devo here, but instead of speaking to us he actually had two missionaries who have been converts to the church for just over a year come up out of the audience and share their conversion stories with us. The first was a girl who just started to read the Book of Mormon because she hated this LDS girl at her school and wanted to find out what she believed so she could make fun of her for it haha. But jokes on her because she ended up getting baptized and becoming best friends with that girl, and now she's on a mission! It was such a cool story and she was so funny when she was telling it. And then the next was an elder who grew up in Utah, but who was just introduced to the church formally by a couple of super rude business men haha and now HE'S on a mission. It's just so crazy to hear these stories from real converts because it testifies to me of how Heavenly Father truly knows ALL of his children and has a specific plan for each and every one of them. 

On Tuesday, we got to ... devo and there was security outside the door and there's never been security before so we were all convinced that it would be someone from the Quorum of the Twelve. Turns out, it wasn't haha, but the speaker was from the Seventy and his talk was really good. He spoke a lot about submitting our will to God's will, which I can always be better at. Being on this mission has definitely been a whole lot of my submitting my will to God's will, and I've never been more grateful for anything in my life. I love being a missionary and I know without a shadow of a doubt that this is God's plan for me. I know He loves me and has a plan for me that I NEVER would've been able to plan for myself. My companions and I were just talking about that last night, and we were saying how much we'd miss out on if WE were the ones who decided our plan instead of God. It's SO important to submit our will to God's. That's something that I will always be a huge advocate of because it's just so so important. It's difficult, but SO MANY blessings come when we're able to do it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my companions. I seriously can't say that enough. We have SO much fun together and we learn so much from one another every day. I'm going to be so sad when we have to separate next week, but we'll just pray that we'll somehow be able to be companions again in Panama eventually! Hma. Patrick and I have already made plans to live together at BYU-I after the mish, so we're really going to try and make that happen. :)

We leave for Panama on Tuesday!!! We can barely stand the excitement. It's super scary because it's going to be all Spanish all the time, but it's also so great because it's going to force us to really pick up the language. None of us can believe that we'll be falling asleep in Panama City, Panama on Tuesday night. It's insane and it's so wonderful. I can't wait to teach and love the Panamanian people!! :) I know there are going to be people there who are SO ready to learn about and accept the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have never been so happy in my life.

I love and miss you all so much!! Next time you hear from me, I'll be in PANAMA! :)

Love, 

-Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment