Saturday, August 2, 2014

MTC P-Day #3

Holaaaa!!

First of all, thanks sooo much for the half way package!! I busted open that sparkling cider last night since it was P-Day Eve (which I think is totally a thing now and I SWEAR I made up the expression haha. Is that a thing in Mexico Corson?) and it was SO good!! It made my week getting that package! Also, thank you Mom, Erin and Kim for the dearelders! Kim, I'll write you back in a physical letter so watch your mail! Mom, has your shoulder got any better? I was sorry to hear that that happened to you, I hope it's been feeling better. I definitely wouldn't be going back to that trainer either!

There isn't much to say about this past week since all of our days are basically exactly the same. I've been told it's a lot like a movie called Groundhog's day that I've never seen. But it gets a little old sitting in class alll day long. We will definitely be ready to get into the field in 19 or so days!! I can't remember if I told you this last week or not, but I decided I would finish the Book of Mormon before I leave the CCM, which means 20 pages a day which comes out to about 75 minutes of reading. Not bad at all! So I'm already in Mosiah and I'm learning SO much. More than I've ever learned from reading the scriptures. I'm loving it and I know that this knowledge will help me so much in the field. 

I had an experience this past week that really strengthened my testimony of the Gift of Tounges! I was doing a demonstration of getting to know your investigator for our district with our teacher Hma. Young, and we were of course speaking Spanish. And after it was done I sat down to practice teaching with Hma. Hall and realized I really didn't know a lot of the words I had used while I was doing the demonstration but apparently they made sense! It was so cool and the spirit was so strong. I'll never forget that.

Sunday was fantastic, as always. Sheri Dew spoke to us for relief society on the Priesthood and it was SO good! I love Sheri Dew anyway, but her talk was just incredible. Our devotional Sunday night was also great. It was given by Stephen Allen, who's someone important in the missionary department and he's soooo funny. He basically just interviewed the MTC president and his wife as his talk. I don't think they knew he was going to do that haha, but that made it all the more better.
Tuesday night's devo was amazing too! I can't remember the guys name who spoke, but he's the guy who that Disney Movie about missionaries "The Other Side of Heaven" is about. I remember watching that movie a long time ago, but you guys should watch it! I wish I could watch it again now. He shared some clips from it and it's such a good movie, and pretty cool that it's about LDS missionaries and distributed by Disney.

The other thing that happened this week was that we found out that the second counselor in our branch presidency, Brother Hartman, wrote the "The Color Code" or something like that, not sure of the title. But it's that thing where everyone is a different color based on their personality. I'd heard of that before the mish and I can't believe he's the one who wrote it! I had heard he was a world-renowned psychologist, but now I understand what that means. Pretty awesome. Anyway, he color coded my companions and I and I bet you can't guess what color he coded me as. RED. hahahaha I laughed a lot and you will, too, once you google it and read the characteristics of a red. I got color coded by the color coder himself so there's no more denying it haha. I'm definitely a red. But he told me such great thing's about red's and you better believe I'm gonna rock it! :)

Anyway, that's about all I have to say about this past week! Oh, we went to the temple this afternoon and it was wonderful!! I love the temple so much, and I missed it A TON last week. I don't know what I'd do if I were in Mexico and couldn't go to the temple. I learned a lot today and feel completely refreshed and ready to become the best missionary I can be! GO TO THE TEMPLE! It's SO important!!

I hope you're all having a good week! Dearelder me always!!! Those letters are THE BEST! Love and miss you all so much!!

-Hermana Anderson 


No comments:

Post a Comment