Saturday, January 3, 2015

Week #18 in Panama!

Helloooooooo!

I hope you are all doing well and getting excited for Christmas. I cant believe how fast the time is passing. But shoot it seems like every day my mission changes completely all over again. So I am now with Hna N. She is from California, but her parents are latinos so shes fluent in both languages and has been her whole life. So Im back to speaking English with my comp again. Which just means I have to work a lot harder to always be improving my spanish, but Im going to do it! N. dies (goes home) this change so I am here until at least March 18 and I will have had 4 companions in my first area. Thats not super normal haha. But its good and Im content with it. 

Hna N. works very hard, which is awesome. We have a lot of very specific goals for this change, so we are really excited to begin our first normal full week. Shes a lot like me in the attitude area haha so thats fun. We laugh a lot. But shes teaching me A TON already and I know this change is really going to be mission-changing for me. And probably life haha. I say that because she is all about bettering yourself and she has changed A LOT in her mission, for the better of course, and shes very interested in helping me change too. Which is great and what I need. Shoot its humbling though to have someone tell you very specificially things you should work on. Only after I asked her to of course haha. Shes great and I feel super blessed to have her for this change. 

Ummm lets see what else. Last week was just a lot of teaching and introducing N. to everyone. We were always busy and completely dead when we got home every night which is the best. We didnt even have talk time to get to know each other better until Saturday night haha. We are going to kill it this change. We might kill ourselves doing it too haha. We dont have any investigators progressing right now, because two of our most positive live with their boyfriends so they cant be considered progressing until they get married so we are working on that. We did have an awesome lesson with two brothers though who are friends of a family in the ward and have been like life-long investigators but havent actually been taught by missionaries in a very long time. So now its our turn. And we both feel really great about them and are excited to continue teaching them. 

So thats about it for last week. Oh! I finished my first journal Saturday night! Super crazy. Ive documented all of my mission so far and I will for the rest of my mission. I love it. Okay so Ill let you know our plans so far for this week. So tomorrow we are going to go bake a little with a member in the morning which will be fun. I have only baked once on the mission, I miss it soo much! But then the rest of tomorrow will be normal. Then on Christmas eve, we will have our zone meeting in the morning and exchange our secret santa gifts and do something Christmas-sy. And then we will go to lunch maybe get in one visit and then after that we are going to all of the areas of the missionaries in our district and caroling/contacting for the rest of the day. And then all of us are going to eat a Christmas dinner at a members house. She lives in the area of the ZLs and shes the best. Itll be lots of fun. And then that night Im going to buy my comp and I some soda in glass bottles and some goodies and Im going to open my package and we are going to exchange gifts. Im pretty excited. Im a little nervous, but my plan is to stay busy. On Christmas day we will skype!! We dont have any citas yet, but we have a ton of people who have invited us to come eat at their houses so we will be getting real chunky that day. So we have lots of plans, dont worry mom! 

I hope you all have an AWESOME christmas!!! Dont be sad, enjoy it like we always enjoy it. Christmas is the best! I love you all soooo sooo much and I cant wait to skype on Thursday! =)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! FELIZ NAVIDAD!
Hna Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment